To help limit the spread of COVID-19, Parks Canada suspends camping, group activities, and events across the country until at least May 31, 2020.
Parks Canada is calling on Canadians to stay home.
The current suspension of visitor services and vehicle access by visitors, as well as the temporary closure of visitor facilities, will remain in place until further notice.
- All visitor services, including reception, information, lockage and mooring are suspended until further notice;
- All visitor facilities, including parking lots, washrooms, day use areas and visitor centres are closed until further notice;
- All camping facilities including backcountry camping, oTENTiks, and other roofed accommodations remain closed until further notice;
- All events, group and interpretive activities are cancelled until at least May 31, 2020;
- Parks Canada will not be taking new reservations until at least June 1, 2020. All existing reservations set to take place prior to May 31, 2020, will be automatically cancelled and refunded in full.
Highways and roadways which pass through Parks Canada places will remain open.
Parks Canada will continue to deliver services critical for Canadians, including highway maintenance, fire response, dam operations and water management on historic waterways, avalanche control, among others.
For full updates please visit Parks Canada